Sunday 29 August 2010

TODAYS FLOWERS 108

CAMILLIAS.

We are lucky  to have several camellia bushes in our garden which are magnificent in early Spring.I have no idea of the names of the different varieties but I hope you enjoy the photos.

camillias

 

This bush has suddenly produced some almost white flowers – I wonder why as it is a very old bush.

013 (2)

This one is a beautiful shade of pink and very symmetrical.

 

017 (2)

Nestled in the glossy leaves they look so pretty.

P1000362

This one is rather delicate and often has frost damage.

P1000367

 

How about this for wonderful symmetry ?

P1000373

And finally, a stripy one.

P1000370

A composite photo of these beautiful flowers.

camilias

Finally, given the Photoshop treatment.

Gallery 027

And more fab flowers are here -
Click on this link to see more of natures beauty.
http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/


TODAY'S FLOWERS TEAM
LUIZ SANTILLI JR. - DENISE IN VIRGINIA - LAERTE PUPO - VALKYRIE

10 comments:

  1. Hi JJ, your camellias are exquisite. I love all the various colors. Sorry you had a problem getting on the TF site. I see others have entered their link now so hopefully it was just a temporary glitch. I will go back and enter your link to these lovely flowers. Thanks so much for always supporting us at Today's Flowers. We appreciate it very much.
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. to my last comment, really liked what you did in the last photo. Very creative and a lovely piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Gorgeous series with wonderful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely flowers! I have bought a Camillia plant , and I hope it will flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blossoms. I wish I could grow them here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I began looking at your post I loved the mosaic but scrolling down was a real treat to see each individual bloom close up. Lovely!
    I especially liked the pink with all the symmetry.

    Carletta@Carletta's Captures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the symmetry too, and the macro of the pistils. I had trouble getting on last night and attributed it to the internet at our rental, but I guess it wasn't just me. Seems fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow pretty and glorious!

    Happy new week JJ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic photos, and the camellia flowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very lucky to able to grow so many camellias in your garden. We have alkaline soil so grow one or two in pots, which is not the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - it's just nice to know that you dropped in. If you don't have a Google account use anonymous but leave your name if I know you please.

JJ