Sunday 1 May 2011

OLIVER 28 April 1996

Number One grandson was born 15 years ago today; can it really be that long ago?
I remember as if it was yesterday when our daughter rang me in my office saying “ Are you sitting down Mum? I have some thing to tell you………….
I’m pregnant and it’s twins!” Wow. wow. wow.
Needless to say little work got done that day and I just wanted to see her and give her a big hug.
Sadly, one twin did not make it but our Olli has more than made up for it over the years. A stunning blue eyed blond baby admired by many he was the love of my life.
An old soul with whom I immediately bonded as soon as I held him in my arms.
A couple of early photos which are on my computer as, of course, he was born long before digi cameras and computers were the norm.
babyollieWhat a wonderful outfit. So much nicer than a babygrow although probably not as comfortable.
ollie1
Not the best photo but one of my favourites taken at Disneyland in October 1996 with Granny Pam feeding him an icecream.

Ollie in Barbados

October 1998 in Barbados


ollie collage_thumb
A collage of photos when he was young ………..
CIMG0023
Aged 11IMG_0347
First day at new school


CIMG0112
Skimboarding at Preston June 2007
P1010521_edited
One of several medals not sure whether it was for football of BMXing – September 2007
CIMG0098
We won the championship – 30 May 2008 Ipplepen Athletic
OT-&P-8x6
With Toby & Phoebe July 2008
363
!3th birthday – 2009
088crrpd
Christmas 2009 with his biggest admirer – Phe and antagonist - Toby!
079
April 2010 aged 14 in Manchester Indoor Ski Dome
033
What all the cool kids are wearing (???)
010
As he is now in his trendy designer gear. Don’t you just luv him?
image
Finally, this years birthday card tribute to Our Olli a truly nice young man who
received this accolade from his school last Christmas………
olli postcard role model
olli postcard role model back
Am I proud??? I sure am,
JJ

2 comments:

  1. Yes a very proud grandma and deservedly so, he's a lovely young man. I enjoyed all the great photos and I'd like to wish Ollie a Very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. just saw that great black and white header photo. What a neat picture and wasn't it all lovely?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - it's just nice to know that you dropped in. If you don't have a Google account use anonymous but leave your name if I know you please.

JJ