Wednesday 29 February 2012

Resolving publishing photos via Google Chrome

Details of problems are copied below.

I have just cleared browsing and download history & cache only. Not cookies, passwords, and saved form data yet.

Lets see if it works now?

Upload photo from computer

coming-home

NOW PRESSING PUBLISH ………………………….IT WORKED.

Thank you http://windowslivehelp.comclever

Question Summary
I am having trouble publishing to my blog

What blogging service are you using ?

blogger

Is your computer behind a corporate firewall ?

No

Enter the exact error that you are experiencing :

404 error.

Additional Details
I can publish narrative to my blog  but not photos from my computer. when I try to publish photos I get the error
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
It used to work (!) I have tried restore - doesn't work. I have uninstalled Essentials and reinstalled - doesn't work. I have tried just installing writer - doesn't work.
The photo is showing in the workspace but does not upload. As narrative  is published it confirms that the address is correct.
I am using Windows Vista. 

Report as Abuse

Reply | Edit | Delete

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:51 PM

Windows Live Marra L.

Hi jeanjeannie44,
Have you tried using a different computer and/or browser when trying to publish photos? Also, have you tried it with a different blog account on the same computer? This will help us isolate the issue you're having.
Thanks,
Windows Live Marra L.
Rate this moderatorReport as Abuse

Reply | Mark As Answer

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:12 PM

jeanjeannie44

Hi,
thanks for responding.
I only have one computer but I have just tried Internet  Explorer as opposed to Chrome -( which I normally use) and - Hey Presto - I have pictures!
I therefore assume it must be something in Chrome which is stopping the photos? What can I do about it?
I have 4 blogs ( yes, I know S A D !) and the problem  is with all of them .
Failing all else I will go back to Internet Explorer if I have to.
I look forward to your advice
JJReport as Abuse

Reply | Edit | Delete | Mark As Answer

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:48 PM

Windows Live Edmond A.

Hi JJ,
I recommend that you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue.
For assistance in clearing Google Chrome's cache and cookies, please click here
Thanks,
Windows Live Edmond A.
Rate this moderator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - it's just nice to know that you dropped in. If you don't have a Google account use anonymous but leave your name if I know you please.

JJ